AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF IITM AlUMNI ASSOCIATION
- To bring the passout students of IITM under one forum for exchange of experience, dissemination of knowledge and talent amongst its members and the students for the advancement of scientific knowledge in the general interest of the community and the country.
- To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, meeting of professionals from all disciplines for the purpose of exchange and promotion of knowledge, among students, faculty, members of the Association,the Society and the country at large.
- To make available the industrial training, placement and other facilities to the present students with the help of past students in various industries.
- To conduct / sponsor Career Guidance Programme for students to succeed in interviews through training in core competence employability skills and soft skills training.
- To bring out magazines and newsletters highlighting the activities of the institute and its Alumni.
- To organize cultural and educational programmes and also to conduct Alumni Day celebrations every year.
- To enhance, modernize, upgrade the existing facilities at the institute with the help of ex-students.
- To publish and circulate books, papers, periodicals and circulars either through print or electronic media for the promotion or stimulation of research at the institute.
- To collect funds by subscriptions, contributions, donations and gifts from members, non-members, Governments, and other institutions and philanthropists for furtherance of the above objectives.
- To grant scholarships to deserving students and to provide assistance to deserving students of the institute for higher education.
- To carry out such other activities as may be necessary for furthering the above objectives.