Student's Code of Conduct
- The University of Kashmir shall lay down the norms and procedures for registration.
- The registration will not be complete till the student pays the prescribed fee for the academic term and all other outstanding dues to the institute, if any.
- The registration must be completed by the date prescribed for such registration each semester.
- Students who do not register by the prescribed date may not be allowed to pursue their programme in that semester.
- Registration fee, tuition fee, bus fee or any other fee once deposited in the institution will not be refunded under any circumstances(exceptions being migration of students etc. with proper deductions as per University norms).
- As a general rule a student will be required to attend at least 80% of all the scheduled lectures and laboratories, separately. It is imperative that a student secures a minimum attendance of 80% will be eligible to appear for the University Examinations at the end of each academic year.
- A student who does not fulfil these minimum requirements in a course shall not be allowed to appear for the semester examination.
- The classes missed by the student while on authorized leave will be counted in these calculations as per the norms of the institution.
- In all the theory & lab courses there will be at least two internal assessment examinations in addition to assignments, case studies group discussions and presentations.
- The performance of the student in internal examination is reported in terms of his/her performance in internal assessment tests, assignments, presentations, GD’s and attendance.
Conduct of Discipline
- Each student shall conduct herself /himself both within and outside the campus of the Institute in a manner befitting the student of a prestigious institute.
- Each student shall show due respect and courtesy to the teachers, administrators, staff of the institute, to the visitors and residents around the institute and a good & decent behaviour to fellow students.
- Lack of courtesy & decorum; unbecoming conduct within & outside the institution; wilful damage to the institute property, removal of any property belonging to the Institute, fellow students or other personnel or residents of the Institute; disturbing fellow students in their studies; breach of rules & regulations of the Institute; adoption of unfair practices in tests, quizzes, assignments or examinations; noisy or unruly behaviour shall constitute violation of the code of conduct and strict action will be taken against erring students which can even lead to termination of admission in the Institution
- Students must conserve water and electricity. Fans, lights, electronic equipment and taps must be switched off when not in use
- Smoking, use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco inside the campus is strictly prohibited.
- Use of polythene inside college campus is strictly banned.
- The institute has a ‘Disciplinary Committee’ in place to investigate the alleged violations of the Code of Conduct and make recommendations on each case.
- A defaulting student who is aggrieved with the punishment awarded may prefer an appeal to the Principal.
General Rules & Regulations
- Students are requested to be regular & punctual to the classes.
- Students should be seated in the lecture halls 5 minutes prior to the commencement of classes. 4.3. 4.4. 4.5. 4.6. 4.7. Students should maintain perfect order and strict silence inside lecture halls, laboratories, workshops & library.
- Timely submission of assignments given to the students must be ensured by them, for consideration in internal assessment marks.
- The students must attend classes in decent and acceptable attire.
- Ragging in the College campus is strictly banned as per the order of Govt. of India. Indulging in ragging will attract punishment as stipulated by Govt. of India and University of Kashmir.
- Having due respect for women is one of our core values in IITM. All students are expected to show respect and decency towards female fellow students and staff.
- Students who are absent on medical grounds should produce a valid medical certificate along with an endorsement letter from the parent/ guardian while reporting to College after convalescence.
- A student who is continuously absent for 30 days without a valid reason will be re admitted only on application for the same and after paying readmission fee.
- The use of mobile phones, smart watches or any other audio/ video gadget during classes or in examination halls is strictly banned and if students are found using the same, they will be confiscated.
- Movement outside the classroom in between lectures should minimum and for valid reasons only.
- Students are not allowed to take leave of absence for more than six days in a semester.
Note: Any alterations, additions or deletions shall be made by the Academic Council of IITM from time to time on need basis.